In today's world, energy efficiency and sustainability are becoming increasingly important factors when choosing home and kitchen appliances. Let’s talk about the differences between Energy Star Certified appliances and standard appliances, shedding light on the key benefits of each.
Energy Star appliances are designed with one primary goal in mind – to maximize energy efficiency. These appliances meet stringent criteria set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). They use advanced technology to consume less energy, ultimately reducing your utility bills.
Standard appliances, on the other hand, adhere to conventional energy consumption norms. While they perform their designated tasks efficiently, they might not be as environmentally friendly or cost-effective in the long run.
By opting for Energy Star appliances, you'll notice a significant reduction in your monthly energy bills. These appliances consume less electricity without compromising on performance. Your wallet will thank you.
Another advantage is that Energy Star appliances contribute to a cleaner environment by consuming fewer resources and emitting fewer greenhouse gasses. Reducing your carbon footprint has never been easier, and you would be doing your part to help the planet.
• Energy Efficiency:Energy Star appliances are designed with cutting-edge technology to minimize energy consumption. They use less energy to achieve the same results as standard appliances.
• Lifespan: Energy Star appliances are often built to higher quality standards, potentially extending their lifespan beyond that of standard appliances. This can result in long-term cost savings.
• Performance: While both types of appliances perform their intended functions well, Energy Star appliances excel in energy efficiency without sacrificing performance.
To earn the coveted Energy Star certification, appliances must meet certain standards:
• Energy Efficiency: The appliance must demonstrate superior energy efficiency compared to standard models, consuming significantly less energy during operation.
• Performance: Energy Star appliances must perform their intended functions effectively, meeting or exceeding industry standards.
• Third-Party Testing: The appliance's energy efficiency and performance claims are validated through third-party testing.
• Energy Savings: These appliances must contribute to substantial energy savings over their lifespan.
• Environmental Impact: Energy Star appliances must reduce greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants, helping protect the environment.
• Continuous Improvement: Manufacturers are encouraged to innovate and improve the energy efficiency of their appliances continually.
If you're convinced that Energy Star appliances are the way to go for your home, we can help. At Bray and Scarff, we pride ourselves on being the best appliance store to fulfill all your home and kitchen appliance needs. We proudly offer a vast and diverse selection of appliances, such as ovens, ranges, refrigerators, and more, to cater to every preference and budget. Whether you're seeking top-of-the-line Energy Star appliances or reliable standard models, you'll find an array of options to choose from in our store.
While Energy Star appliances may offer long-term savings, we also appreciate the need for budget-friendly options. That's why we offer competitive pricing on both Energy Star and standard appliances. With convenient appliance store locations throughout Virginia and Maryland, such as Arlington, VA, and Frederick, MD, finding a Bray and Scarff store near you is easy. Visit one of our locations today to discover the perfect appliances for your needs.
How Do I Shop for Energy Star Appliances?
As you’re shopping, you’ll notice a blue sticker that says “Energy Star” along with a yellow sticker to show the power used annually to operate the machine to give you an idea of how much energy and money is saved. You can also typically select “Energy Star” in a search filter when shopping for appliances online to only shop for these types of appliances.
What Types Of Appliances Are Energy Star Qualified?
You can find the Energy Star label on more than 65 different types of products found in the home and workplace, from appliances and lighting to electronics and heating/cooling equipment. Whether you’re looking for a kitchen appliance or a laundry appliance, there is an Energy Star option.
Will I Have To Sacrifice On Features?
The good news is you don’t have to give up your favorite features just to be environmentally friendly. Most Energy Star appliances have modern features, just like regular appliances.
Which Appliances Are the Biggest Energy Suckers?
Your refrigerator is the only appliance that is running constantly (even if it feels like your washer and dryer never catch a break with the way the kids play hard) and therefore is your biggest energy sucker.
What Makes an Appliance Energy Star Qualified?
Energy Star is a program that provides certifications to consumer products that meet energy efficiency standards. An appliance that is Energy Star certified is just the same quality, or sometimes even better than standard products; it just happens to use less energy.
Appliance Related Readings:
Items in Cart: 0